“So, do you have any questions for us?”
It’s the job interview moment that can make or break you – or at least it feels this way. If you’ve got no questions and they might think you have no critical thinking. Too many questions and you might be seen as hard work.
Ah! The dilemma.
The truth is, interview questions are a useful tool for YOU to get a gauge on the opportunity and the people you will be working with. Asked correctly, they will give you a great insight beyond the job description and the ‘about us’ page.
Here’s our pick of the questions that get cut-through:
- What do you think is most crucial for me to achieve in the first month?
- Where do you think I’ll need the most support?
- How will I know if I am doing well?
- Based on our chat, how do you think I can make the biggest impact?
- If I exceed all expectations, what opportunities do you see opening up?
- What makes you get out of bed every day?
- Which soft skill is most important to you?
- Why did the last person leave your team?
- How can I help you achieve your goals?
- Do you have any crazy ideas that you’d like to see come to life here?
About the business
- What is a unique behaviour here that you haven’t seen anywhere else?
- Beyond business performance, where do you think this business makes its biggest impact?
- How do you think the business will change in the next five years?
- Where does the leadership team get their inspiration from?
- What is your favourite customer experience story here?
The best questions are open and subjective. If you can surprise your interviewer and ask them to be imaginative, you will steer them away from the corporate playbook for some real insight.
We’d love to hear any that have worked for you!
Get eSuite’s eCommerce jobs emailed to you weekly