We had a standout candidate secure her dream role this week with a leading fashion retailer. She was a stand out from the first interview.
What made her stand out?
Yes, she had the right experience. Yes, she had the right culture fit. But what impressed our client the most was that she treated the interview like her first day on the job.
Instead of entering the interview like a weird date – ready to fend off a barrage of questions and hopefully leave an impression – our candidate got to work. She came with a documented list of recommendations and a plan.
Our clients could literally see her in the role because she treated the interview like her first day on the job.
Here are some great ways to be proactive and stand out in an interview:
- Outline a high-level 90-day plan
- Do a SWOT analysis on the customer experience
- Do a competitor analysis to identify gaps and opportunities
- Perform and analyse an online mystery shop
- Outline the 3 priority areas you would focus on from day one
Even if you don’t have time to present these in detail, it is a powerful and memorable leave behind.