LinkedIn. It’s one of those places that can be as uncomfortable as your first Bikram yoga session with strangers. But it doesn’t have to be.
If used right, LinkedIn will raise your profile and create connections that you wouldn’t normally be able to. Like-minded people are there for a reason – often the same as you. Unlike other social media platforms, you get thousands of eyeballs without paying a cent. And there are plenty of creative options to getting your message across.
But you don’t have to be a LI-W@nker to get the results.
Here are our tips to get the most out of the platform:
- Add value. Before posting anything, as yourself, “is this sharing or shouting?” If you are genuinely sharing something that can help others, you are on the right track.
- Celebrate achievements. Not only yours but those of your team, your partners and your friends. Keep it positive. Everyone loves a good celebration, and you will develop a strong supporter crew around you.
- Make it regular. Post at least once a week. Two to three times if you can add value. Schedule it on your calendar. Pre-write and batch some content if you need to.
- Comment and interact. It’s not all about you. Get involved in discussions. Show interest. You can often get the most visibility by providing insights off the back of interesting people.
- Stay human. Don’t get caught in the trap of pretending to be super serious, academic or certain. Share some humour, be a bit vulnerable and express your real opinion. Don’t stop being you.
If you’re not already, give it a go. We think you will be amazed at some of the opportunities that will arise with a little effort and putting yourself out there.